Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Real Italian Gusto Medford

I have been to Real Italian Gusto in Medford before when I was invited to a blogger event to celebrate their 1 year anniversary. Despite the number of invited bloggers, only two posts were published, and one was mine. I don't understand, you get free food and wine and can't take the time to do a write-up?


They are now open for lunch during the week, so it was time for a visit. There is free parking nearby, all taken today, and also two spaces outside a funeral home, with a sign saying free parking. I feel like I'm missing something here, I have never seen a sign like that anywhere else.


There is a couple of tables up front, and a nice screen to keep the arctic air out. Of course I took a table on the other side of the screen.


The bar has been greatly expanded, and a couple tables against the wall is also new. Hm, wonder who suggested that?


From the smallish lunch menu, I selected the CROCCHETTE (4) to start with. "3 Lightly fried potatoes, cheese, mozzarella". The dinner menu has a different description. The outside was crispy, and the potatoes on the inside were nice and fluffy. However, the potatoes completely lacked seasoning. The tomato sauce was fresh and light.


Halfway through the appetizer, some warm thin focaccia arrived. It was very tasty. I think they have to work on their timing a bit.


Next was the Lasagna (9). "The classic lasagna, bolognese sauce and bechamel". It had the same tomato sauce on top and was tasty. However, it was 90% pasta, so a classic it was not. It's supposed to have layers of bolognese and bechamel, and it had that, but the layers were microscopic.


The very modern and inviting dining room in the back with the imported pizza oven to the right. I must admit that I'm not sure what the real name is anymore. Real Italian Gusto and Real Gusto are both used on the website.

Address 24 High Street Medford, MA 02155
Phone number (781) 396-1656

No comments:

Post a Comment