Thursday, August 9, 2018

Cafe Escadrille Burlington

Cafe Escadrille in Burlington is one of the few restaurants participating in Dine Out Boston Week that I'm interested in having lunch at. It's the same menu as they had in the spring.


I started with the Baked French Onion Soup Au Gruyere. "Baked to a golden brown". Not really golden brown. A lot of chefs seems to have a different opinion than me of what a caramelized onion is. This is not the caramelized onion you use in a french onion soup. It did look good, but 90% of the crock was taken up by a big piece of bread. I don't think the cheese was Gruyere either.


The second course was the Tournedos á la Bordelaise. "Twin Petite Tenderloin Steaks with Artichoke, Spinach, Mashed Potato, Sauce Bordelaise". The tenderloins were cooked as ordered. The mashed potatoes were real potatoes, and the butter package was quickly added in. Spinach and the sauce were tasty. One artichoke was severely charred on the bottom.


I finished with the Strawberry Shortcake. "Buttermilk biscuit, whipped cream". There was nothing short in this shortcake. The biscuit was so dense that I left the top part and barely managed to eat the bottom piece. Calling this a Strawberry Shortcake was a travesty. Now I'm seriously rethinking my planned visit for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment