Monday, August 6, 2018

Punta Cana Beverly

The last time I went to Punta Cana Dominican Grill in Beverly for lunch, they were closed. I had better luck today since they were actually open.


There is free parking on the newly renovated Rantoul Street.


The inside is nice and bright with lots of window seating. I took a seat at the bar, that seems to be a bar without liquor. I wonder if they let you BYO?


I didn't realize that it was canteen style. I got all the dishes explained to me and even got a sample of the chicken stew.


They do have a menu, and all the dishes come with rice, beans, and a salad. The salad even had a dressing. I went with the Baked Chicken ($10) and Yellow Rice and Black Beans and added CHICHARRON fried pork belly (+3). They do have a Chicharron plate, but it's not listed on the menu. The rice was excellent. The chicken was dry on the outside, but the inside was delicious, juicy and well seasoned. The pork belly was excellent, with plenty of crackling. It could have done with some seasoning. The black beans needed seasoning and a lot of it. Service was very friendly, and the slightly confusing menu was explained to me.

Address: 342 Rantoul St, Beverly, MA 01915
Phone: (978) 720-8971

No comments:

Post a Comment