Thursday, August 30, 2018

Trackside Peabody

On my first visit to Trackside Bar & Grill in Peabody, I had their much talked about Grilled Octopus (Polvo Grelhado). They also have another classic Portuguese on the menu. Despite the rumors about their imminent closure, they have no plans to close.


This is the bar entrance, the dining room entrance is around the corner. They have a dedicated parking lot behind the building.


The interior is pleasant and impeccably clean. The bar to the left quickly filled up.


You get olives and fresh bread and real butter.


The soup of the day was kale, but it wasn't ready so I got Caldo Verde instead, and I was happy with that. I thought that the orange thing you can see at 11 o'clock was a carrot, but it turns out to be sliced sausage, and there was quite a few of them. She soup was thick and creamy, but a bit on the salty side.


And now for the main attraction. Carne Alentejana (Marinated Pork & Little Necks) $15.95. "Pan fried marinated pork loin cubes with little neck clams and cube fried potatoes". I only got four clams. The potatoes were cooked perfectly and just lightly fried. There was a ton of tender pork underneath. The Sauce? Broth? Was very tasty. It was a good amount, and it didn't really make sense until I remembered that I got a spoon, and then everything came together.


How substantial was the portion? This is how much of a dent I made after eating myself silly. The stewed rabbit on the specials list tempted me sorely.

Address 30 Warren St, Peabody, MA 01960 Phone number (978) 531-1047

No comments:

Post a Comment