Sunday, November 25, 2018

Acitrón Arlington

Time to head back to Acitrón Cocina Mexicana in Arlington. I rarely go to Arlington Center during the week after they installed the on-street parking meters. I have been here a number of times and been very happy with their food. Maybe not the Chile Rellenos since it was only one chile and it was not battered and deep fried. It was tasty though.


They only do lunch/brunch on the weekends. This was the kind of day we had today.



The inside is nice and bright. I saw on their website that they have outdoor seating and couldn't figure out where it was. Today I spied the door to the outside. See it? Remember when this was Punjab? I had many excellent lunches there. I'm really bummed that they only do dinner now.



You get chips and salsa, and the salsa is left in with the chips. The chips were cold and stale, but the mild salsa is excellent. I did eat most of it.



Today I picked the HUEVOS CON NOPALES Y CHORIZO ($9.95) from the brunch menu. "Three eggs scrambled with seasoned cactus and Mexican chorizo". This is the first time I have had this, and it was really excellent! Super tasty and the cactus was very interesting, but in a good way. The potatoes must have been braised in stock since they were also super delicious. Fresh warm tortillas are hiding in the napkin. Service is always excellent and friendly here.

Address 473 Massachusetts Avenue, Arlington, MA 02474 Phone number (781) 777-2839

No comments:

Post a Comment