Thursday, August 8, 2019

Marco's Peabody

I had an excellent lunch on my first visit to Marco's Restaurant in Peabody, and it was time for me to return.


They are located in a small strip mall on the north side of Rte 1. The entrance is before the strip mall so it can be tricky to find. If you miss the entrance, hang a right into Sonic, and you can make your way here. Guess how I know that?


The inside is sleek and modern. I got one of the two tops next to the windows.


You quickly get fresh bread (cold) with two dipping oils and a nice bean spread. Linen napkins and good cutlery.


Today I picked the SPAGHETTI ALLA CARBONARA (13.95). "Italian pancetta, eggs and cheese sauce". The real menu included onions. Onions in a carbonara? The onions were lightly caramelized, and I didn't mind them at all. This isn't a small portion on a big plate but a big portion on an even bigger plate. The pasta was cooked perfectly, and there was a generous amount of pancetta. So often you only get a few slivers of pancetta, and that defeats the whole purpose of this dish. It was creamy and delicious. This was an excellent rendition of this classic dish. Onions? The service was very pleasant. A table in the back had a couple of paninis, and they looked enormous. Next time.

Address: 47 Newbury St, Peabody, MA 01960 Phone: (978) 854-6906

No comments:

Post a Comment