Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Asian Gourmet Concord

Back to Asian Gourmet in Concord to try the actual lunch menu instead of pigging out on the Dim Sum. 




Fairly small room with a big Hibachi table in the middle. Lots of Asian customers as usual.




Hot and Sour soup was interesting, not really hot or sour but with a really deep complex flavor. Much to my surprise I found myself keeping on eating the soup.




The main dish was the 3 Cup Chicken, a Taiwanese traditional dish. The name comes from the way the sauce is made that the chicken is simmered in. A traditional Chinese recipe calls for a cup of rice wine, a cup of sesame oil, and a cup of soy sauce. The Taiwanese version, which is what I believe I got, calls for soy sauce, sesame oil, and sugar, with added ginger and basil. The chicken is bone in so you have to be really careful and look out for bone splinters but apart from that it a really nice dish. I usually end up with leftovers but this one I finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment