Monday, June 29, 2015

Sichuan Gourmet Billerica

I didn't want a too big lunch today, since I have a big dinner coming up, and an early lunch would be good, so I headed to Sichuan Gourmet in Billerica and when I got there at 11:35, a good number of tables was already occupied. Get here early, or be prepared to wait.



I realized that I had never tried anything from the "normal" lunch menu, so here's the Kung Bao Chicken ($7.95) with Crab Rangoons. It looks like a very brown dish, and that was just about how it tasted. It's marked as one pepper on the menu, and it was vaguely spicy and way too sweet, but the chicken was cooked nicely. People have been raving about this dish on social media, but also mentioning ordering this extra spicy and that might be a good idea, to tone down the sweetness a bit. I never eat Crab Rangoons, and these just proved that this is a good thing. H&S soup is alway good here, but the food arrives soo quickly that I don't have time to eat much of it. The pickled veggies were the best thing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment