Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The Kebab Factory Somerville

I have been to The Kebab Factory in Somerville for their buffet before, but it was a long time ago so time for another lunch buffet visit. I have pleasant memories of the earlier visits, so I was looking forward to this.



They are in a somewhat funky location on the corner of Beacon and Washington and there is free on-street parking and at least at lunchtime, there was no problem finding a space.



The buffet is good-sized with plenty of options.



Salads and condiments with Raita available.



This is one of their better offering and how often do you see turkey on an Indian buffet? The sign said Chicken Tikka Masala and when I pointed that out, it was quickly replaced with the correct one that read Kali Mirch Ke Tikka. As far as I can determine it means black pepper something and it was really excellent with a good spicing and really tender turkey.



First round. The aforementioned turkey and one Indian Aloo Fries (I thought they said sweet potato and I don't like that but took one anyway). Turns out they were regular potato fries and excellent and super tasty. Next is the Shrimp Do-Paiza that was a bit bland and cold. On my next visit, I dug out some from the bottom and they were both warm and really tasty. The Rajma Curry (the beans) was just a mild curry with well-cooked beans. Last was the Chili Chicken that wasn't very spicy but really tasty and tender. There wasn't really any apps, but they had Garlic Potato Soup and oh my, was this a good soup! I had to go for a refill on this garlicky wonder. They charge $10.95 even if the website still says $9.95. You'll get a bonus point if you can find that info on the site.



Really nice tables and what did they remind me of? Right, Singh's Cafe in Wellesley and they used to have the same owner but Singh's Cafe got sold a couple of years ago. I visited about a year ago and the food was still excellent. A lot of the dishes are still very similar



This is a small place but impeccable clean and nice and bright inside. Service was very attentive and there was an endless supply of naans arriving at the tables from the kitchen. A very pleasant lunch and good value for the money.

Kebab Factory Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment