Thursday, October 19, 2017

Bill & Bob's Famous Roast Beef Woburn

I think I have been to Bill & Bob's Famous Roast Beef in Woburn once and have also tried other roast beef places, but I was never impressed. With the recent flurry of reviews and write-ups about this local iconic meal, and me learning about the Tree Way and even the Four Way, I had to give it another shot.



They are located a short distance from Woburn Center on Rte 38 going towards Winchester. Lots of parking.



You order from the nice lady behind the counter, and then wait until your order is called.



The dining area upstairs.



Here we go, Big Beef ($5.55) ordered Three Way (+55¢), rare and with horseradish. I could have ordered it Four Way, but paying 55¢ for some shredded lettuce didn't sit right with me. I didn't get the expected Onion Roll but got a very fresh sesame seed roll. The roll was toasted and maybe buttered. Only one slice of cheese. Half the roast beef was rare, the other half was grey. It was tender, but I have no idea how the amount of beef compares to other shops. More research needed. The horseradish sauce barely tasted of horseradish. Maybe they did the 50/50 thing, 1 tub mayo, and 1 small horseradish? The roast beef wasn't very beefy. I have a few more places bookmarked that come highly recommended.
Update: the reason I didn't get the expected onion Roll was that I made the rookie mistake of ordering a Big Beef instead of a Super Beef. Now I guess I'll have to try again.

Address 57 Main St, Woburn, MA 01801
Phone number (781) 935-9842

Bill & Bob's Roast Beef Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment: