Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Tasty Mo:Mo: Somerville

I first saw a picture from Tasty Mo:Mo: in Somerville on IG, and it immediately went on my must go list.



They opened in late March 2015 in Somerville's Magoun Square, almost opposite Pennypacker's. There is free parking prior to getting to the square.


They are geared for takeout, but there are two tables and counter seating. In the open kitchen, dumplings are made on one side, and the cooking happens on the other. They do take CC with a $10 minimum. Fast food it isn't, everything is cooked to order.



Of course I had to try the dumpling, no surprise there. This is the Mo:Mo: ($7.48). "Dumplings served steamed or deep fried with a chili and tomato sauce (8 pcs/order). Choice of chicken/pork/beef/vegan". I went with pork, and it was a really excellent dumpling with a tasty filling. The skin was super light and really soft. You get two sauces, one tomato that was tasty with a hint of heat, the other a chili sauce that was HOT! I then figured it out. Mix the chili sauce into the tomato sauce to taste, and something phenomenal emerges.



I also ordered the Chicken Chilli ($8.48). "Crisp Fried chicken cooked in chili sauce with bell peppers and onions". This was served with fluffy Basmati rice. The marinated chicken was mostly dark meat, and I really like that. Was it hot? O yeah, it was seriously hot with tender chicken. Technically it was bell peppers and onions, even if it was 98% onions, with three pieces of bell peppers. It was hard to taste any seasoning in the sauce, apart from just hot. I have to get back and try more dumplings, and I also have my eye on the Aloo Dum.

Address 503 Medford St, Somerville, MA 02145
Phone number (617) 599-2333

Tasty Mo:Mo Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment