Sunday, April 22, 2018

Pho Minh Ky Lynn

Pho Minh Ky in Lynn has no website, but the word on the street is that their Pho is solid. On this 60℉ Sunday, I headed to Lynn. Yes, 60℉ is a big deal.


Parking is iffy, but I found on-street parking on the next side street, and it was only a few feet away.


It a bit utilitarian with a tiled floor.


A good collection of condiments, including the spoons and chopsticks. The chopsticks were the good plastic ones.


And there was also small plates for my chili oil. I'm really happy when I get the small plate, it makes it so much easier.


# 30 Dac Biet ($8.95). "A combination with rare steak well done brisket, beef flank tendon and tripe". This is a cut and paste from their menu. The promised small green chile was absent. The broth was very good, rich and fragrant. For once I got a good amount of tripe that was nice and crunchy. I only got two small overcooked pieces of tendon and one slice of the brisket. 90% of the meat was beef flank, and it was chewy. None of the meats were seasoned. The noodles arrived as a pretty solid lump on the bottom that I had to break up. It was tasty, and I did eat the whole thing. They got really busy at lunch today.


I'm sure it's convenient for the staff to have the trolly to load the dirty dishes on, but good grief, what a racket it made.

Address: 238 Union St, Lynn, MA 01901
Phone: 781-477-0656


No comments:

Post a Comment