Saturday, April 21, 2018

Shallots Woburn

Shallots in Woburn opened in what used to be a very mediocre churrascaria, and that is to put it nicely. They advertise themselves as A Modern Asian Cuisine and that seems to translate to Thai and Sushi.



They have some reserved parking in the back, otherwise, it's on-street parking. The website doesn't mention lunch hours or that they have a lunch menu. It's also incomplete, and I could have sworn that I visited a different website this morning. The takeout menu does include lunch hours. They do serve lunch seven days a week. I also learned that Hoso Maki is maki with seaweed on the outside.



The interior was spotless and bright with good quality furniture. They also have a sushi chef on duty to my right. It looks much bigger and inviting now.
.

I went with the lunch Crispy Duck Panang Curry (15) and marked as two pepper spicy. There isn't anything with three. "Boneless crispy duck in hot and spicy panang curry with mixed vegetables topped with basil". The mixed vegetables turned out to be 90% carrots, cut into various shapes. The vegetables were cooked really nicely and were still crisp. The basil was mostly absent. I must admit that I didn't expect the crispy duck to be duck coated with batter and then fried crispy. However, there was plenty of tender and well-seasoned duck. I asked for the curry to be extra hot and it comes out hot, but it's my first visit, so this was OK. The curry itself was very tasty, and I really liked it.



The dining area. I must admit that I was impressed how nice it is now. I had a nice talk with the nice manager about both the duck and the fact that the suggested tip is calculated after tax. I'll be back to this nice place that is within walking distance for me.

Address: 918 Main St, Woburn, MA 01801
Phone: 781-305-3201

No comments:

Post a Comment