Friday, June 1, 2018

The Island Malden

The Island Malden Caribbean Cuisine took over the space formerly occupied by Ferry Street.


Parking in this area at lunch is painful. There is a parking lot across the street but only after 5.


The dining room.


Nothing had really changed, apart from that the window tables are gone, and there is now white tablecloth. This is how it looked when I arrived for lunch, and when I left. They did have one takeout order. I did suggest that they get a lunch menu, prices are too high for this area.


I went for the GOAT IN SAUCE/SÒS KABRIT ($15). "Tender mouth watering goat meat cooked slowly with creole seasoning". This is what I had at La Perle last week. I had to ask what the pink stuff next to the salad was. Obviously, it was the salad dressing. The plantains were actually pretty good, and I'm usually not a fan. Two choices of rice, rice with peas, or rice with bean sauce. Not sure what they did to the rice, but it was really tasty. The beans sauce turned out to be, bean sauce. It was tasty and smooth. The goat was on the bone, and that what I expect when ordering goat. The meat was tender and the sauce was tasty. It didn't have any heat at all. I didn't get any Pikliz, but when I asked, it promptly appeared. The pikliz was very good, spicy but not deadly spicy. This was tasty but expensive. Next time I'll try a chicken dish with the tasty rice and bean sauce.

Address: 118 Ferry Street, Malden, MA 02148
Phone: 781- 605-2212

No comments:

Post a Comment