Friday, February 8, 2019

Anthony's Stoneham

I was intrigued by Anthony's Italian Specialties in Stoneham Friday's special.


The Friday's special here is the Lobster Salad that comes either on a bun ($20) or on a braided roll ($33), and I was really curious to see what you get for that price.


What you get is an enormous Lobster Roll with unseasoned lobster meat and very little mayo. This baby weighed in at 1 lb 7 oz including the roll. The lobster was fresh (I think) but it was only claw and knuckle meat including the rubbery smaller claw. I expected more quality for this price. If the price were no object, Island Creek Oyster Bar in Burlington would be the winner for best Lobster Roll. Best value is without doubt Fresco's Roast Beef & Seafood in Malden. Tons of tail meat and it comes with fries or a salad.

Address: 408 Main St, Stoneham, MA 02180 Phone: (781) 438-9840

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate that you suggested other places to try as well.

    ReplyDelete