Thursday, February 7, 2019

Mitho Winchester

Mitho in Winchester opened recently and are serving cuisine from Nepal. They took over the space that was previously occupied by Cafe Dolce.



The outside is very unassuming, and it's easy to miss while driving by. There is parking behind the restaurant and also on street parking. The entrance is after the small outdoor seating.



The bar area is very nice and inviting.



The place to be is the gazebo. It was nicely heated, and the floors have been redone very nicely. The white tablecloths are gone, The windows are just sheets of thick plastic, so it must cost a fortune to heat the place.



I had to start with the Chicken Mo Mo (9). I got eight small dumplings with one dipping sauce. The recommendation was to eat them whole. The thin wrapper was a bit too al dente but the dipping sauce was pleasant enough. However



Where is the filling? For $9 I did expect a substantial dumpling, and I didn't get that. This is all the filling there was. This was the smallest and most expensive Mo Mo's I have encountered in the Boston area.



This is what I expect when I order a Mo Mo. Plump dumplings filled with meat and a tomato dipping sauce and a spicy sauce that you mix together.



This is the Chicken tarkari (11) from the lunch menu, and it comes with basmati rice. It was described as a curry with chicken and vegetables. I would call it chicken and veggies with gravy. The spice level is between 1 to 10, and I went with 7. It was spicy, but it wasn't SPICY. The veggies were cooked nicely, and there were even some spicy peppers in there. The chicken was really dry. The gravy was delicious and enjoyable, the dry chicken was not. The rice was not really as light and fluffy as I have come to expect. Overall it tasted really good. The service was very friendly. You get a bottle of water on the table, and I really like that. The lunch menu has only tarkari's and a few stir fry noodles.

Address: 831 Main St, Winchester, MA 01890 Phone: (781) 369-1477

No comments:

Post a Comment