Friday, April 12, 2019

Pho Bistro Malden

I have been to Pho Bistro in Malden where I had an excellent Pho. I was eager to try their Banh Xeo that I have never had. Their website has been hijacked, but an outdated menu can be found HERE.


There is usually free parking across the street but not today. I found more free parking within walking distance up the street.



The inside is nice and bright.



I started with the Chim Cut Chien ($8.95). "Roasted Quail marinated in our special sauce". I don't know what their special sauce is but this was delicious. The quail was tender with crispy skin. They are a pain to eat with all their small bones, but this was worth the effort.



Here is the Banh Xeo ($8.95). "Vietnamese crepe shrimp, steamed pork, bean sprouts, & onion are wrapped in a crispy crepe shell. Served w/ sweet fish sauce". This is supposed to be a light crepe filled with stuff, and it failed on all fronts. The crepe was more of an overcooked omelet with the filling mixed in. The filling was burned to a crisp from the cooking. The only filling inside was a heap of beansprouts. They do have an oxtail noodle soup that looked interesting. All the other customers were eating Pho.

Address: 8 Pleasant St, Malden, MA 02148 Phone: (781) 321-9955

3 comments:

  1. I just finished a conversation with a friend about eating quail and thought "gosh, where would I be able to find an affordable quail dish? I don't want to go to a fancy restaurant, but I would like to try it one day." Very glad you posted this - I'm going to swing by and try it! (And avoid the omelette.) Great picture of the bird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could also try Thmor Da in Revere https://thedailylunch-woburn.blogspot.com/2019/02/thmor-da-revere.html

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the additional info. I will write back once I've had the quail.

    ReplyDelete