Thursday, May 23, 2019

Nick & Andy's Danvers

Nick & Andy's Breakfast & Lunch in Danvers opened earlier this year in a small plaza just off Rte 1.



Plenty of parking but I have no idea how I got here. The exit is in the back.



The inside is nice and bright. No stupid rolled up silverware here. See how much nicer this looks? It wasn't that busy, but it was loud, very loud.



The word has gone out about the HASH STACK (9.95). "Hash browns topped with bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, gravy, and cheese. Served with toast". It doesn't photograph well due to the gravy but it tastes way better than it looks. Much to my delight, the gravy turned out to be an excellent sausage gravy. That was the only presence of sausage. The scrambled eggs were cooked nicely and weren't overcooked and rubbery. This was a really tasty dish. No scali bread so I went with light rye that I have had with Reubens and much to my surprise I found that I really liked it. Look at those generous and fresh slices in the background. They were also properly toasted and buttered to the edges with real butter. Service was pleasant but did I mention that the place is loud? I was impressed with the quality of the food and the cooking, so I'll be back for the eggs and corned beef hash.

Address: 110 Newbury St, Danvers, MA 01923 Phone: (978) 304-1017

2 comments:

  1. Did you tip more than 15% after tax? I know you won't answer and will delete this comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tip on the amount before tax and it was more than 15%. Why the question?

      Delete