Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Szechuan's Dumpling Arlington

I haven't been to Szechuan's Dumpling in Arlington for a few years. I did have a reasonably pleasant lunch on my last visit. After the new owners took over, there wasn't anything really exciting on the lunch menu. I think I got spoiled by the previous lunch menu that had really exciting dishes on it. They finally have the lunch menu available on their website, but only if you download the menu. It also puzzles me why a place named Szechuan's Dumpling doesn't have a Szechuan Dumpling on the menu.



They are located in Arlington Heights with free on-street parking. There isn't a lot of parking.



Nothing has changed inside. There were three customers when I arrived, and that was it until I left. I really don't like to eat in an empty restaurant.



They get a point for defaulting to chopsticks. At least now it looks like they are expecting Chinese customers. Lunch is "Served with House Daily Soup and White Rice". The "house daily soup" is either H&S or Wonton. A daily soup is supposed to change daily. The H&S soup was neither. It was thin and watery with no flavor.



From the lunch menu, I picked Chili Chicken (8.95). She asked if I liked spicy and I confirmed that I do. The food arrived 10 seconds after the soup. The chicken was tender, and the cabbage was a bit crunchy, so no complains there. The dish had a hint of heat. It really should have been called chicken with cabbage. The rice was fine. Service was indifferent, I got my water refilled but no "how was the food?" and no comments on my untouched soup.

Address: 1360 Massachusetts Ave, Arlington, MA 02476 Phone: (781) 648-8882

No comments:

Post a Comment