Saturday, June 29, 2019

Causeway Gloucester

Google said 36 minutes and my car GPS said 47 minutes to get to the Causeway Restaurant. The winner was Google, it took 34 minutes. I have heard good things about them for many years, so it was finally time for a visit.



It's a small place with parking up front and also more parking in the back.


One bright room and a bar with seating behind me. The chairs have been around for a while. Be aware that the two-top in the middle is directly under the fan and it was quite breezy.


Today's specials board. The octopus was tempting as was the prime rib. The waitress said that the prime ribs were from last night and might be just medium. She actually confirmed this with the chef, and I appreciate that. I was hoping for the pork chops, but not today. They post their specials on FB but not very frequently.




Crabmeat sandwich ($15) with French Fries and Coleslaw. It was a ton of very fresh crabmeat that only had a few shards of shell left. I did expect that from the fresh crab. The slaw was creamy, and the bun was fresh. The fries were overcooked and dry. The service was pleasant, with a multitude of waitresses and bussers. I might be back for the mussels appetizer that comes in a bucket.

Address: 78 Essex Ave, Gloucester, MA 01930 Phone: (978) 281-5256

No comments:

Post a Comment