Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Aaron's Taco Cart'el Stoneham

Aaron's Taco Cart'el in Stoneham opened late last year in a pretty hidden location opposite the fire station. I have seldom seen more five-star recommendations. I'm not sure I get the cart'el part.



Not sure how this happened, but I'm using my phone's camera. There is plenty of parking available.



You order at the end of the counter and then customize it as it moves along. There is plenty of toppings to choose from.



There is a dining area.



Tacos are $3.50 or three for $10. I went with one Pork Carnitas. "Slow roasted Pork in marinade of peppers, onions, cilantro, chile and fresh citrus". The second one was the Gringo Beef. "Ground beef simmered in a blend of taco spices and onions". For my toppings, I only added cheese since I wanted to taste the meat. You also get a handful of fresh chips. You have a choice of Corn, flour or crunchy - Choose filling, cheese and toppings". I went with flour and corn. The corn one was appropriately double wrapped. Both were warmed up on the griddle. The pork was tender and well seasoned. The beef was also well seasoned and NOT greasy at all. This is a bit of a rarity. Later I got some Salsa Verde. "Tomatillos, avocado, jalapeno, cilantro and lime". The salsa verde was delicious. I also got a side of Refried Pintos ($2.00). The beans were really good with texture and seasoning. They were a bit dense, but it was a generous serving. Not sure if the AC was broken or just absent. This was really good, and I'll be happy to go back.

Address: 8 Central St, Stoneham, MA 02180 Phone: (781) 435-4118

No comments:

Post a Comment