Friday, July 12, 2019

Cap't Loui Stoneham

I have been going to Loui Loui in Stoneham for their lunch offerings, and I have been delighted with the food. They have changed their name to Cap't Loui. I must admit that I don't really get the Cap't.


Plenty of parking. The only thing that I don't like is that they don't open until noon. The sign in the window said open when I got there at 11:45, but they were still closed.



The inside is casual, you order at the register, get a buzzer and then get your beverage, condiment and plastic utensils.



Today I decided to forgo my usual shrimp basket for the fish basket ($10.95). The lunch prices have increased by a dollar across the board. You have a choice of fries, and I went with the cajun fries. Not overly spicy but nicely cooked. For my soup, I picked the Jambalaya that is excellent and almost a meal in itself. The fish was cooked really well and was moist inside and crispy on the outside. I must admit that I prefer the remoulade sauce over the tartar. The tartar sauce has gone downhill and was now pretty bland. Serving fish this way is really stupid. As soon as you cut into the fish, pieces of fish start to fall into the fries. Off to get another basket for the fish. There is one saltshaker for the whole restaurant. They also have a lunch sized seafood boiler that is served in a bag.

Address: 3305, 101 Main St, Stoneham, MA 02180 Phone: (781) 435-2145

No comments:

Post a Comment