Sunday, July 21, 2019

Tung's Taste Middleton

There was almost no red on Google maps today, so I headed out to Tung's Taste in Middleton. Rte 95 works way better than taking Rte 1.



My GPS gave me a choice of Main Street (N) or (S), and I picked North, and that was the wrong choice. Plenty of parking.



The small inside is pleasant.



I have had my eyes on the Fish Fillet in Spicy Broth🌶️ 🌶️ 🌶️ ($15.95). "Poached Fish Fillet w. Napa, Celery, Leeks & Enoki mushrooms in a Super Spicy Broth". Looks more like fried than poached to me. The fish was flounder. There is a heap of garlic on top that you mix in, or not. It was spicy but not really three peppers or Super Spicy Broth despite me telling the waitress that I liked spicy. The broth was very flavorful. This is a dish that Sichuan Gourmet excels in, but I think I like the broth here better. It was very rich and complex. The veggies underneath were all cooked nicely with the celery being on the crunchy side. The fish was cooked really well, and it was a very generous amount of fish. This would easily serve two. I also ordered a small white rice ($2 ouch!). The service was pleasant, and the manager remembered me from a previous visit.

Address: 242 S Main St, Middleton, MA 01949 Phone: (978) 777-8298

No comments:

Post a Comment