Thursday, August 29, 2019

MuLan Waltham

I haven't blogged about MuLan in Waltham for quite some time since I go here frequently. This is my favorite Taiwanese restaurant.


On-street free parking and I never have a problem with finding a spot. Waltham removed all their parking meters.



The inside is nice and bright, and even if they expanded into next door, they still almost fill up for lunch.



Sadly their excellent H&S soup isn't included at lunch anymore. You get pickled cabbage and peanuts. The peanuts are useful for honing your chopstick skills. There is also some ambiguity about the name. The outside sign says MuLan, the menu says Mu Lan or Mulan. 



Lunch Diced Chicken with Hot Sauce (8.95) is one of my favorites and usually is just pleasantly spicy. Today it was infernally hot and almost too spicy for me. If you look at the last picture from a previous visit, you can see that the hot sauce is almost clear. Today it was loaded with seeds. Not sure why but the staff kept on glancing in my direction. The peppers are not that hot but very tasty and I have no clue what they are. They are not jalapenos or long hot peppers. The staff here is incredibly efficient and can turn over a table in no time at all.

Address 835 Main St, Waltham, MA 02451 Phone number (781) 642-8888

No comments:

Post a Comment