Friday, September 6, 2019

Rusty Can Byfield

I had today's lunch all planned with a visit to Feng Shui in Burlington to eat myself silly on Nigiri and dumplings at the buffet. Then Rusty Can in Byfield posted today's Specials on FB and the previous plans vaporized. A quick look at Google Maps showed that 128N was clear.


It takes me about 30 minutes door to door. They get busy, so get here early.


While checking out the specials board, I noticed "Crispy Thai Chicken Thigh $3", and that sounded like a deal. Not sure where Thai comes in but the chicken was cooked perfectly. Most and tender and not very crispy, but it was delicious.


And here is the reason for the change in plans. Smoked 1/2 duck with sticky sauce and two sides ($20). For my sides, I went with hand-cut French fries that are excellent and Collared Greens that morphed into Mac & Cheese. I don't really mind since their M&C are good. They salt the fries when they come out of the fryer. They know how to cook here. The duck was excellent, tender and moist and just lightly smoked. Dissecting the duck was easy since it was soo tender. It did require a massive amount of napkins. The sticky sauce was more of a sticky glaze. If this gets on the menu again, I'm going despite the boring drive on 95.

Address 6 Fruit Street Byfield, MA 01922 Phone (978) 462-1204

No comments:

Post a Comment