Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Ixtapa Woburn

It has been almost a year since my last visit to Ixtapa Mexican Grill & Cantina in Woburn, but I have meant to go back since I was happy with my previous lunch there. What used to be one chain has split into two separate entities with three being local and two further west.


There is on-street parking, but not a lot. There is also a big communal lot behind the restaurant. Seems the bowlardrome now claims exclusive parking in the first two rows.


The salsa is thin but tasty. Warm chips that were stale today. I didn't get the $5.99 lunch menu but just the regular lunch menu.


Again I went for the Lunch Combo Plate. Combo Laredo (Choose Two) ($8.75). "Enchilada, Chimichanga, Chile Relleno, Tostada, Burrito, Taco or Tamale". I went with the Chile Relleno and the Enchilada with pork. This was a BIG plate. The rice was light and fluffy but could have used more seasoning, but the refried beans were very good with a nice texture. The Chile Relleno was prepared correctly, battered and then fried. It was filled with melted cheese. I didn't get lucky and got a mild one today.
What's more, I got a properly cleaned chile! No seeds, no stem left, this is very rare these days. Unfortunately, it was more batter than poblano today.
The Enchilada was filled with ample amounts of tasty pork. Most of the pork was tender. The tomatillo sauce was also really delicious. I never understood the lettuce and tomato salad with no dressing. Pouring some salsa over it helped a lot. The Taco Tuesday special is crispy beef or chicken tacos for $1 with the purchase of an alcoholic drink.

Address: 349 Main St, Woburn, MA 01801 Phone: (781) 759-1250

No comments:

Post a Comment