Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Herby Q North Billerica

I was just recently made aware of Herby Q in North Billerica. There isn't exactly an abundance of BBQ places in the area, so I was excited about my visit today. They post their daily specials on FB.


They are located in a small strip mall in the middle of nowhere. How did we manage before GPS's was available? What's the owner's name? Herby of course!


They are takeout only with a somewhat limited menu. I spied some brisket on the counter and tasted a couple of delicious pieces. Good enough that I will be back to try it.


However, today's visit was to try the Turkey Leg ($13) (special today) with one side. For my side, I picked the M&C. It was creamy but could have benefitted from more cheese. Quality pasta that was cooked properly. The leg was seasoned well on the skin, but the skin was so flabby that it's wasn't edible. I couldn't even cut it with a (sharp) chef's knife. I did give them feedback on this. The rest of the gigantic leg was delicious, moist end tender. The sinews are a nuisance, but that's inherent to turkey leg pieces. This might have been a rare appearance on the specials board.


I was invited to try the Baked Potato ($8). The potato is a frequent visitor to the specials board. Add on brisket ($7), and you have food for 2. The baked potato is at least one pound. I had to rearrange everything to be able to salt my potato. Potato, cheese, scallions and bacon got mixed together in the potato, and I also added butter because everything is better with butter. The brisket was excellent, tender and juicy with an extraordinary bark. Update: I have never seen such a gigantic potato. I still had potato leftovers after dinner.

Address: 240 Nashua Rd Unit C, North Billerica, MA 01862 Phone: (978) 362-8132

The best thing one can do when it is raining is to let it rain. 

-- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


1 comment:

  1. Those giant baked potatoes are a thing in high end steakhouses to somehow justify charging $15 for them

    ReplyDelete