Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Cafe Luigi Bedford

I haven't been to Cafe Luigi in Bedford since last year and much to my surprise, the menu has changed. They added sandwiches to the lunch specials and now also have a daily specials menu.




It is such a funky place with the checkered tablecloth and the cluttered walls but the prices stay low and the place is always busy, at least at lunch. This was at about 11:45 and at 12:15 they were packed.



Chicken and Shrimp Scampi with Linguine from the specials menu. As usual the linguine needed salt and I could have done with some more garlic but overall this was a nice dish with plenty of shrimp. I have always thought this was a funny name for a dish since "Scampi" literally means shrimp sauteed with garlic and oil (or butter). Since the dish here also contains chicken I think they are correct naming it this way but for a dish that only has shrimp in it, Shrimp Scampi would be a tautology.

No comments:

Post a Comment