Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Floramo's (Dockside) Wakefield

I went (once) to Dockside in Wakefield. The kitchen has now been taken over by Floramo's, whose Chelsea location is being demolished. They will also open a location in Malden. There is no more nonsense like "Fall of the bones BBQ ribs" on their website. Fall off the bones ribs is what you get when you boil, or steam, the ribs. Pouring BBQ sauce on them doesn't make them BBQ ribs.


Big parking lot and also street parking.


A very unforgettable salad is included. My servers always look so surprised when I ask for Caesar dressing. Delivering the dressing on top of the salad isn't good. God knows where that container has been sitting. The bread was very good, and the butter wasn't frozen solid. Rolled silverware with a crinkly minuscule napkin. The silverware was the cheapest possible.

Lunch 1/2 RACK RIBS (MARINATED) ($14.25). "served with side & salad". Among other things, they had roasted potatoes as a side, but unfortunately, they still had the skins on. French Fries it was. I like the size, but they were greasy. Maybe the fryolator wasn't heated up enough at lunchtime. It was a seriously generous portion of ribs, but they were stone cold. The top part was so dry that I had to peel it off. When I mentioned this to the waitress, her response was: Sorry to hear that. The meat underneath was OK. If this had been marinated, it didn't work.

I did contact them via their website about the issues but never heard anything back.

Lunch 1/2 FLORAMOS VEAL CUTLET ($13.50). "served with peppers, onions, mushrooms in a white wine sauce over pasta". The pasta was cooked almost al dente. The onions and peppers still had a nice crunch. The mushrooms were fresh and not cooked to death. The sauce didn't lack butter and was tasty. The veal was crispy, even after having sauce poured over it. However, the amount of veal was so minuscule that it didn't add anything to the dish except crunch.

Lunch STEAK TIPS (MARINATED) ($15.25). "served with side & salad". I did ask if the mash was real and was assured it was. I forgot to ask if the skins were left in the mash. So the mash was loaded with slimy skins. I got some butter to mix in, but it had a problem melting since the mash was just lukewarm. The steak tips were marinated (tenderized) so much that there was almost no texture left. I also encountered a fair amount of sinew that even the steak knife couldn't cut. I don't think they read my feedback since the dressing container is still being delivered on top of the salad.

Address: 1099 Main St, Wakefield, MA 01880 Phone: (781) 245-0200

Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.

- Lucille Ball

27 comments:

  1. The biggest problem I have found when I have gone to Dockside is the wait. Waiting for a server to come take your order and waiting for the food, even when the restaurant is not that busy. And like you said, you get it and the food is lukewarm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We’ve had the same issue and unfortunately had to get up and walk out.

      Delete
  2. I went here last week with my whole family and we didn’t get one bad meal. Ribs and steak were unreal! The meals are huge and decently priced. Service was also excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Sounds like the blogger has an axe to grind with almost any place they eat.I NEVER see anything 100% positive . With the change in ownership here so recently, maybe they have different staff? Cut them some slack.

      Delete
    2. That place is nothing like Floramos. The food is subpar and the management needs to use these reviews as constructive criticism. I have been going to Chelsea for years and the food as well as the service are nothing close at Dockside.

      Delete
    3. The chef is the same one that was at Floramo's, as he took over the kitchen, and is there most days.

      Delete
  3. How was the atmosphere and service?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Fall off the bone ribs" = overcooked might as well just make pulled pork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this blogger has a huge problem… The food and the wait staff etc. was fabulous when we went last week

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds awful. I disagree with a previous commentor, I find your reviews to be very detailed and honest. If the restaurants did better, the reviews would be more positive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a great time and meal at Dockside

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ya know, they just opened!! Cut the place some slack. I’m sure they have a lot to get tweaked out. Geez!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Ya know, they just opened!!'

      Not an excuse for serving poor quality chow, if I were served food that looked like that, I'd run from that place and never return.

      Delete
    2. I din't see any 'We just opened, cut us some slack' prices.

      Delete
  9. Christ, stay home and cook for yourself. Is the skin still on the potato...give me a break.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just because you don't like skins, doesn't mean the restaurant is bad. I think you need to stick to reviewing high end restaurants; you have discriminating taste.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Their writing is just awful. They should have paid better attention in English class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you could point out the errors, I'll let Grammarly know.

      Delete
    2. " I was a seriously generous portion of ribs,"

      Delete
    3. You can't even read, here's the bloggers sentence, "It was a seriously generous portion of ribs'

      Delete
    4. Obviously, I updated the blog.

      Delete
  12. I was there two weeks ago and it was good I got the haddock with veggies and a salad it was awesome. Also got stuffed clams they were okay but I’ve had better

    ReplyDelete
  13. The food, drinks, service and prices are excellent there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's not "mash" but mashed potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's "mash" when someone wants to say "mashed potatoes" in an offhanded manner. Apparently, more people use the term than you've ever realized.

      Try to adjust to new things. It won't hurt you.

      Delete
  15. The boiled ribs were never good and I always found their steak tips over marinated and flabby with a mushy texture.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wait staff all dressed in Black i thought i was in another funeral . And all had a sour look on there face! Time for new imployees! They had no iced
    Tea and had no bottled water!
    4 types of Pepsi drinks!!
    Next ti.e

    ReplyDelete