Thursday, October 3, 2013

Mr. Chan's Burlington

This is just about the first time in a year that my Thursday lunch doesn't consist of takeout lunch buffet from The Mughals in Burlington, but the restaurant has been sold. Subsequently my dinner tonight will not be a curry and rice (or when available, Chili Potatoes) and my dinner tomorrow will not be Tandoori chicken and French Fries. The replacement restaurant, the Bombay Club will open this Saturday and it looks like the buffet pricing will remain the same. I ended up at Mr. Chan's in Burlington instead and they are doing a brisk lunch business. The Chinese Special Menu is now included in the normal menu and I think everything is still there.



After my rather dismal experience with the Pho here I was a bit hesitant about ordering another soup, but the Pork with Preserved Vegetables and Egg Noodle soup was delicious. The broth was rich and there were tons of pork and tangy preserved veggies and the egg noodles were cooked perfectly. Only drawback was the copious amount of bean sprouts that was included and didn't really add anything apart from a bit of crunch. This was a really good rendering of this traditional dish. I wish someone would teach me how to eat noodle soup without getting broth all over the place, including myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment