Sunday, May 7, 2017

Jose's Mexican Restaurant Cambridge

GoPapaya just introduced a discount for takeout orders, so I headed out to Jose's Mexican Restaurant in Cambridge to get dinner with a 30% discount.


They are located between Alewife and Mass Ave in a residential area, but they have a big off street parking lot. They also have outdoor seating, but today was rainy and cold.



The bar area. They also serve dinner upstairs. Of course you get rolled up silverware.



The actual menu was quite different from the online menu. For my takeout, I picked the DOÑA REYNA'S CHILE RELLENOS. "Poblano peppers are stuffed, batter dipped and sauté, then served with salsa verde or a traditional sauce of tomatoes, garlic, and seasonings: Chicken (16.95)", Everything was in plural, so I was surprised when I only got one poblano. Never got asked what sauce I wanted. You have a choice of three beans and I picked refried. I also got some tortillas and rice. The chile was just draped over the filling but the shredded chicken was good and tender. The traditional sauce was tasty but the poblano was mild, but at least it was cleaned properly. Refried beans and rice was OK.

Address 131 Sherman St, Cambridge, MA 02140
Phone number (617) 354-0335

No comments:

Post a Comment