Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Bunratty Tavern Reading

I read some good things about Bunratty Tavern in Reading, so I decided to visit for lunch today. They are located on Main Street in Reading, and I'm familiar with Main street, but I couldn't figure out where they were located.



This might be the reason that I have never noticed them, and I drove right by them today and had to circle back. There is free on street parking.



It's an Irish pub, enough said.



They have a nice patio, but today was too muggy.



I must admit that I had high hopes for the Traditional Shepherd’s Pie ($12.99) from the lunch menu. "Ground beef sautéed with onions, carrots in a savory broth topped with mashed potato". Unfortunately, it fell way short. The unseasoned mashed potatoes were watery, and the filling was bland, completely lacking seasoning. I also got the dreaded rolled up silverware with its minuscule wrinkled napkin.



It's important to know exactly how long it's to the next St Patric's Day. I wasn't too impressed by the service either, took about 20 minutes before I could flag down someone to get my check.

Address 620 Main Street, Reading MA 01867
Phone number (781) 779-8245


Bunratty Tavern Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment