Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Crying Thaiger Malden

I wasn't too impressed with the signature dish at Crying Thaiger in Malden but decided to give their lunch specials a try today since I was in Malden for a haircut.



I'm still a bit confused as to where the free parking is located. I parked behind Dockside on the other side of the road. Further in it's permit only parking.



They have a few stir-fried lunch specials and curries. I picked the Red Curry ($9.95). "Deep red color is made with the blend of fresh bird eyes chili, dried chili, galangal, shallot. Cooked with choice of protein, bamboo shoot, bell peppers, and basil. Served with white rice, side salad, and one appetizer". I went with the Chicken and Fried Shumai as my appetizer. So far so good. The shumai was good, the salad was pleasant, and the red curry was outstandingly good, perfectly seasoned and really tasty. It was marked as two peppers on the menu and had the heat of may one. No big deal, since the seasoning was perfect.



Now it gets complicated when we get into the Add-Ons. The menu said add one appetizer (+1.95). Next line said add one more appetizer - a soup (+2.95) so I went with the last option. The soup here is the Tom Kha. "Coconut soup infused with galangal, herbs, mushroom, cilantro, onion, and scallion". The soup was really tasty, but I could only have a few spoonfuls since I now got all the food delivered at once and had to choose what to eat while it was hot. Next time I'll ask to get the soup, then the apps and then the main. After having the leftover soup, I can only iterate that the soup is delicious, but this was the first time I tried the Tom Kha.



For my extra app, I picked the Fried Fish Balls. "Deep fried fish balls served with spicy tamarind sauce". Normally fish balls aren't that exciting, but these were excellent. Light and very tasty even without the sauce. All the food today was really well made and tasty. When I got the bill, I got charged for an extra appetizer. I explained to the owner how I had read the menu, and she promptly took off the extra charge. They are working on the menu. A nearby table had the Tom Yum soup and it looked pretty fierce.

Address 114 Ferry St Malden, MA 02148
Phone 781-480-1243

No comments:

Post a Comment