Thursday, January 11, 2018

Sichuan Gourmet Framingham

A post on IG about a special dish at Sichuan Gourmet in Framingham got me on the road today for a visit. Can you believe that we hit 50F+ today?



The pickled veggies here are different, very good but no cabbage.



This dish was so special that it didn't have an English translation on the specials board. The check called it Spicy Numb Beef ($16.95), and I'll go with that. Tender beef, Sichuan peppercorns, and glass noodles.



A better view of what was in the bowl. I forgot the Enokitake mushrooms. This was a super tasty dish with a bit of heat and numbing from the peppercorns. Sichuan peppercorns aren't even peppercorns but part of the citrus family. I couldn't really figure out how to eat this dish. What do you use the thongs for? I ended up using my rice spoon to capture the broth, and then chopsticks for the glass noodles. The glass noodles were really long ones. The broth was excellent. The hostess recommended "Fish with peppercorns" for my next visit. I have to give them a small scumbags award for having the recommended tip amount calculated AFTER taxes. How do you know? Look at the 20% suggested tip, it should be twice the amount pre-tax.

Address 271 Worcester Rd, Framingham, MA 01701
Phone number (508) 626-0248

No comments:

Post a Comment