Friday, January 12, 2018

Tsukiji Bistro Melrose

I headed out to Tsukiji Bistro in Melrose to try something else from the lunch menu. 60+F today going to +5F on Sunday.


There is a 3 hours parking lot behind the building, accessible via a very narrow passageway. It was, of course, filled up.


With my lunch today I got a very forgettable miso soup. There was a refill on the saucer.


The Lunch Bento Box comes with a choice of entree, served with rice, miso soup, salad, and gyoza. I picked the Beef Yakiniku ($12). The gyoza didn't make it, but I got Blistered Shishito Peppers instead, and I'm not complaining about that. None of them were hot, but you can always hope. The Potato Croquettes were crispy but lacked seasoning. Dipping them in the soy sauce took care of that. The salad was fresh but could do with a more interesting dressing. Nice knife work on the lemon. The Beef Yakiniku was tasty with a hint of heat, but the beef was dry. It was, however, a good amount of beef. The avocado and cucumber maki were forgettable. I really like this place for lunch, excellent service, and friendly staff.


No comments:

Post a Comment