Saturday, March 3, 2018

Spud's Saugus

There used to be a Spud's Restaurant and Bar on every corner, but now there is only two left, and I visited the one in Saugus today for lunch.



They are so close to the water I feared that they might be flooded, but they were OK even if there was water in the parking lot.



The inside was in very good condition.



Big bar area with both bar and booth seating. I got a booth to the right next to the windows.



From the Classics lunch menu, I picked the Spud’s Baked Haddock (11.99). "Flaky White haddock baked in butter with our signature crumb topping". I skipped the veggies but went with a Loaded Baked Potato (+1.05). The loaded potato was certainly worth the upcharge. Look at all that crispy bacon and cheese! The haddock was moist and flaky, and the seasoned breadcrumbs were light on top, and shall we say, buttery on the bottom.

Address 22 Lincoln Avenue, Saugus, MA 01906
Phone number (781) 233-2757

No comments:

Post a Comment