Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Brodie's Pub Peabody

I'm not much of a sandwich person, but it was time to try one of the most talked about sandwiches on the NS, and it can be found at Brodie's Pub in Peabody.



You won't see this for much longer. Moving date is end of October. Metered parking is 25¢/hour and there is free street parking before the pub.



The view from the high-top in the back, where I ended up in the middle of a staff meeting, and that was fine with me.



And here is the NY Style Reuben (10.99). "Marble rye, swiss, sauerkraut, russian dressing". I picked the steak fries as my side, and they were excellent. Crispy on the outside, and fluffy on the inside. Steak fries are excellent when cooked well, and terrible when overcooked. The Reuben was huge, and I really like that they use marble rye, since I'm not a fan of the dark rye. The bread was fresh and toasted. The cheese was properly melted, and I really liked that the sauerkraut was in the middle, so that I could make two sandwiches out of a half. The dressing comes on the side, and that makes perfect sense to me since I can now add as much as I like. There is a pickle hiding back there, and while it was OK, it could have been picklier.



A closeup of the good stuff. If it had melted cheese on the bottom, it would have been perfect. Now it was just almost perfect. The service is always good and friendly here. The price is fair, I had more expensive and smaller reubens. 

Address: 10 1/2 Lowell St, Peabody, MA 01960 
Phone: (978) 977-9988

No comments:

Post a Comment