Monday, April 16, 2018

Tavern in the Square Burlington

I really didn't have any lunch plans today on this cold and rainy Marathon Monday, so when Tavern in the Square notified me that they have loaded a free Bite+Snacks on my card, I headed out to their Burlington location.



I got a nice high-top near the windows. They got quite busy at lunch. It's nice to be warm and dry inside, watching the wet and cold marathon.



For my free Bite, I picked the Sweet Sticky Spicy Korean Pork Ribs (8). "Tamari, sesame, ginger". It also had some nice pickled veggies included. They did a better job seasoning these ribs than the 3S Ribs I had on a previous visit. Unfortunately, these were also on the dry side, but the seasoning was better. I got four ribs.



I then ordered the Nashville Hot Fried Chicken Tenders (12). "Sweet pickles, tabasco honey". Chicken tenders are defined as "chicken meat prepared from the pectoralis minor muscles of the animal. These strips of white meat are located on either side of the breastbone, under the breast meat". If this is chicken tenders, I would hate to meet the chicken that supplied this. On the good side, these were HOT and crispy. I got four of these enormous "tenders". They were not really overcooked but could have been a lot juicier. I like the peppery watercress. The tabasco honey was really good. When I was done, I asked for a box and something for the honey. My waitress promptly whisked away my plate and returned with the food boxed up. When I got home, I noticed that I was missing both the leftover pickles and the honey. I handed her my Insider card prior to getting the check. When I got the check, the Bite was still on there. 

Address: 100 District Ave, Burlington, MA 01803
Phone: (781) 272-9000

No comments:

Post a Comment