Sunday, August 12, 2018

Public Kitchen Wakefield

Public Kitchen in Wakefield took over the space occupied by Duck Walk a while ago, and it has, sort of, been on my radar. My first choice for lunch had a line a mile long, and this was my backup.


There is free on-street parking on the busy Main Street, and I managed to snag a space. The windows to the left can be opened onto the street.


The inside is modern and bright with a separate bar and dining area. It gets loud inside.


I started with a small Chili (cup 5). "Cheddar, scallions, sour cream, tortilla chips". Hold the sour cream. The chips were stale. The chili with ground beef was tasty enough, but I had a hard time taste any chili. It also had a sweet undertone.


I followed this with Fried Haddock Tacos (12). "Lettuce, pico, cajun mayo". The haddock was cooked really well but was unseasoned. The pico was bland, 90% diced tomatoes. The rice and beans were cooked nicely, but the beans were completely unseasoned. The cheese was a lump on the bottom. The service was very good, and I like that you get a bottle of water on the table.

Address: 397A Main St, Wakefield, MA 01880
Phone: (781) 587-3427

No comments:

Post a Comment