Saturday, February 9, 2019

Pikaichi Medford

I really like the delightful Pikaichi in Medford. It's small, and they only do Ramen, and that's it. They also do it really well. There is free on-street parking. The staff is always friendly and smiling. It feels like Japan.


This was a new addition to the menu. Yuzu Shio ($8.99). "Homemade Yuzu Salt flavored Ramen made from kelp broth. Served with custom made noodles, topped with tender sliced pork, corn, wakame seaweed and scallions". I also got extra pork (+2). The broth was different but very tasty and not overly salty. The noodles were cooked perfectly. I was thinking about ordering the Small Curry Rice ($3.49), but it was such minuscule portion that I passed. Making them seemed to be one waitress only duty.


Note to self, don't go on a Saturday. It was a waitlist when I arrived just before noon, but I got seated pretty quickly. When I left, the lobby was packed with people waiting for a table.

Address: 123 Boston Ave, Medford, MA 02155 Phone: (781) 777-2555

No comments:

Post a Comment