Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Strega Prime Woburn

Strega Prime in Woburn are participating in the Dine Out Boston, but I was going to skip them since their $20 three-course lunch offering has been very similar to their daily $21 lunch. I then noticed that they had swordfish on the menu. I had swordfish a long time ago at Legals, and the only thing I remember was that it was dry and not very exciting. It was time for another try.


They have plenty of parking.


Google calls the interior "swanky", and I can go with that. The window tables with the leather chairs are nice, and I managed to get one. The place got packed at lunch today.


You get a warm and light popover that is delicious as is the whipped butter.



The Beef Carpaccio "amarena cherry gastrique, blue cheese, grissini" was also new. This was very good even if the blue cheese almost overpowered the beef. Tasty!


Grilled Swordfish "herb risotto, thyme beurre blanc". Not sure if it was thyme beurre blanc, it tasted more like lemon. The risotto was creamy and cooked perfectly al dente. The swordfish was nicely grilled and very tender. This was an excellent dish, and I guess swordfish is back in the rotation.


I finished with the Maple Tiramisu that was a proper tiramisu this time, and it was excellent. Their last attempt at tiramisu was terrible. The service was again not impressible. Crumbs wasn't removed, no "How is the food?".


The curtains could do with a good cleaning.

Address: 100 Sylvan Rd, Woburn, MA 01801 Phone: (781) 933-3333 (neat number)

No comments:

Post a Comment