Monday, March 6, 2017

Strega Prime Woburn

Strega Prime Italian Steakhouse in Woburn is participating in the Boston Dine Out week with their standard Strega Prime Three Course Executive Lunch ($21) that they now offer for $20, but I was in the mood for some steak, and they are practically next door.


Tables are set with the very decorative plate. It promptly gets whisked away.



I really like their dining room, and the leather window seats are very nice.



You get an enormous popover with real butter with some olive oil drizzled on top. You also get shadows from the windows.



I started with the Steak Tartare. "Truffle aioli, cornichons, caper berries". The cornichons were absent, but I got one caper berry. The steak tartare was excellent and nicely seasoned. The bread with tomato was very dense, so I used my leftover popover to eat this.



This was followed by the Twin Filet. "Truffle whipped potatoes, grilled asparagus, red wine sauce". This looked and smelled good, but the filet was way overcooked, so back to the kitchen it went. There was no management involvement after the dish got sent back. Their second try was much better with a really tender filet and a very delicious sauce. They didn't exactly hold back on the truffle oil in the potatoes. The gigantic asparagus was cooked well and still had a bit of crunch.



Last was the Strawberry Tiramisu, and I really looked forward to this. Unfortunately, a dry cake on the bottom topped with whipped cream and strawberry coulis doesn't make a tiramisu. This was a real letdown. Apart from this, I was pretty happy with my meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment