Saturday, August 17, 2019

Iron Town Diner Saugus

I had an eggcellent egg and hash at Iron Town Diner on my first visit. The waitress assured me that they used brisket in their Reuben and even double-checked with the kitchen.



When I got there and saw all the people waiting for a table, I realized that going on a Saturday wasn't my brightest idea. This picture was taken when I was leaving. It's really convoluted to get in and out of the parking lot.



Every table was taken except one seat at the counter. The counter has an uneven number of seats, so if you are a single diner, there is a good chance to get a seat.



Reuben ($10.99). This is actually brisket even if it looks like round. This is due to how they cook the brisket. You can see some fat on some slices and that would not happen if it was round. The brisket was really tasty and very tender. It was also a generous serving. I swapped the dark rye for light rye that was toasted nicely. I got extra dressing that was very good. The Reuben could have done with more sauerkraut. I picked spicy fries as my side. They were seasoned but not very spicy, and they were also overcooked. Did I say that the brisket was excellent? 

Address: 325 Main St, Saugus, MA 01906 Phone: (781) 558-2070

No comments:

Post a Comment