Sunday, April 5, 2020

Little India Express Lexington

Little India Express in Lexington and it's not associated with Little India in Waltham. This was my second visit, and the owner recognized me and thanked me for the IG post. Not sure how he did that.



They are located in a small plaza just over the Woburn border. There have been several restaurants here, and I really hope that these guys can make it.



Takeout only, so this is it plus a few chairs.



The reason for the return visit was the Tandoori MoMo's (8). How can you go wrong with this? Good sized momos filled with chicken and then finished in the Tandoori. Tender and juicy and the tandoori crisped up the skins nicely. Not sure what the seasoning on the outside was, but the whole thing was tasty, including the dipping sauce. You also get a mint sauce. Often you get two sauces, one tomato-based and one spicy and you mix 'em to your liking. This premixed one is fine for me.



He asked if I would like to try the Sukuti MoMo (9) that's very popular. Of course I was game. "Himalayan chicken Dumplings topped with Spiced buffalo Jerky meat and himalayan Szechuan pepper". Spiced buffalo jerky? I was sure I misheard him, but the online menu confirmed that it was buffalo. It was tasty and pleasantly spicy, and the jerky was tender. What an interesting topping. The momos were the same chicken dumplings as the tandoori ones but only steamed. The skins are super thin. There was no charge for the Sukuti dumplings, so that made my day. They do a lunch special 7 days a week, and the Rice Plate looked promising. Pick two entrees, rice and 1/2 naan for 9.95.

Address: 321 Woburn St, Lexington, MA 02420 Phone: (781) 862-5400

No comments:

Post a Comment