Sunday, August 9, 2020

Tasty Dumplings Lowell

Tasty Dumplings in Lowell opened about a month ago, and I have heard only good things about them, so it was time for a visit. No website, but the menu can be found on their FB page. On a Sunday of course, to avoid the city tax.



There is only metered on-street parking. Nowhere on the pay station are any rates displayed. I know that if you use a CC, they hit you with a two-hour charge.



They have a nice outdoor seating area with properly distanced tables.



I have a memory of this being an Asian grocery store from when I used to frequent South East Asia next door. Boy, I miss that buffet! The inside is nice and bright, and I took a seat at the counter overlooking the outside patio.



Steamed Pork and Crab Meat Soup Dumplings ($10.99). They were good sized and filled with a really tasty mix. Black vinegar and ginger on the side. There are two ways of eating these. 1. Plop the whole thing into your mouth, and get 3rd-degree burns. 2. Put the dumpling in the spoon and carefully nibble one corner open and slurp up the soup. Then add some ginger vinegar and enjoy the rest of the dumpling. All dumplings are made to order.



Spicy Mini Hot Pot ($8.99). "Clear Sweet Potato Vermicelli with Cabbages, Bok Choy, Tofu, and Rice Cakes Slides in Beef Broth". I had to ask what a slides were? Turns out they meant sliced. Of the four options, I picked fish. I ordered it hot, and the waitress said that it would be really spicy. I have heard that before and normally you get something with a little heat. Not here! Good grief, this was seriously spicy. I would call this very spicy, and normally it takes a couple of visits until you get something seriously spicy. They also have a "very spicy" option on the many, but I will not try it. The cabbage was still crunchy and added texture. The fish was cooked perfectly, and it was nothing mini about this serving. The broth was really mala with Sichuan Peppercorns floating around. Did I mention that it was spicy? I'll be back for this again. The service was pleasant. What a nice addition to Lowell.

Address: 351 Market St, Lowell, MA 01852 Phone: 978-455-2147

No comments:

Post a Comment