Tuesday, February 5, 2019

On The Border Woburn

The last time I visited On The Border in Woburn was before I started the blog. I arrived for lunch, got seated by the hostess and spent the next 15 minutes watching the waitstaff ignoring me. I went up to the hostess an she was utterly uninterested, so I left. I have good memories of the fish tacos, and they also do a Taco Tuesday special. They have other specials on Mondays and Wednesdays and an AYCE Taco special. The AYCE deal might be limited time only.


They are located across the street from Woburn Mall that will be renovated shortly. Private parking and they also have an enclosed patio area.


I have a vague memory of the bar area being separated from the dining area, but now it's all open. Next time I'll go for a high top in the bar.


This is how the dining room looked when I arrived. She still tried to seat me at a table in the middle. I grudgingly got a booth, but she wasn't happy about it.


The cold chips are paper thin and very nice. The salsa was surprisingly good and very tasty. It even had a hint of heat. Of course you get the rolled up cheap silverware.


On Taco Tuesdays, you can have Beef Tacos or Chicken Tacos for $2 each. Neither are on the menu. I went with one SOUTHWEST CHICKEN TACO ($4). "Mesquite-grilled chicken, cheddar cheese, creamy red chile sauce and fried onion strings in warm, hand-pressed flour tortillas". Normally $9.99 for two and that includes rice and beans. The chicken was very tender, and the fried onion strings were excellent. The red chile sauce failed to appear. The second taco was the BRISKET TACO ($4). "Shredded beef brisket, Jack cheese, fried onion strings and jalapeño-BBQ sauce in warm, hand-pressed flour tortillas". $10.79 for two. The brisket was very soft and lacked texture, but this was a delicious taco.


I also ordered rice and beans on the side. None of the available sides are listed on the menu. My waiter thought this was about two bucks, so I expected that to mean $2.99 but was pleasantly surprised when it was $1.49. Both the beans and the rice was tasty, and the beans had a bit of texture left. The service was pleasant. I'll be back for the fish tacos that I have fond memories of.

Address: 19 Commerce Way, Woburn, MA 01801 Phone: (781) 995-2314

No comments:

Post a Comment