Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Tavern in the Square Burlington

My plans for Taco Tuesday went out the window when Tavern in the Square in Burlington announced a free snack for Red Socks opening day.



Plenty of parking and it's almost time to open the veranda.



The view from my corner table. I like this table since it's separated from the rest.



For my snack, I picked the North Carolina Style Pork Ribs ($9.25). "Peach bourbon bbq sauce, watermelon pickle". This was four really meaty ribs that were tasty and tender. The small pieces are the pickled watermelon. No, not the big unripe ones in front.



The first order of the Fried Calamari ($14) was overcooked and got sent back. "Pickled green tomatoes, harissa aioli". The second order that was brought by the manager was perfect but could have been drained better but was right out of the fryolator. This is another really good dish and I really like the pickled green tomato bits. Use the excellent aioli to pick up the tomatoes. Service is always good here. I also had $5 off on my card after their April fools joke.

Address 1 New England Executive Park, Burlington, MA 01803 Phone number (781) 272-9000

No comments:

Post a Comment