Friday, May 31, 2019

Shadi's North Andover

Shadi’s Restaurant and Lounge in North Andover is located in a strip mall on Rte 125 and is easy to miss. I had an exciting dish on my last visit.


Plenty of parking. They have a small seating area outside.



The inside is nice and bright with some hightops in the bar. The service from the bartender is very good, plenty of water refills.



The starting dish was, of course, Hommos (7.50). "Chick-peas mashed to a paste, avored with tahini, lemon juice and garlic". This is a cut and paste from the online menu. The hummus was very smooth and really tasty, and it comes with a neverending supply of very fresh pita bread. The pita bread was of the very thin variety.



This was followed by Lubee (12.99). The menu said "Green Beans & Lamb Casserole Fresh green beans cooked with cubes of lamb and tomato sauce. Served on rice pilaf". It comes with a side, and I have heard good thing about their French Fries so FF it was. The rice pilaf was tasty, and the casserole had a delicious tomato sauce and lamb that was so tender I could cut it with a fork. The hand-cut french fries were excellent and cooked perfectly. I have seen foodies complain that fries like these aren't crispy enough. If you want to eat previously frozen fries, go ahead and miss out on this treat. This restaurant continues to impress me, and I'll be back for their Kafta.
I stopped by Boston Chowda Co to pick up some chili, and they had Haddock Chowder on special, so I got a cup of that as well. This wasn't chowder with some fish added, it was fish with some chowder added.

Address: 585 Chickering Rd, North Andover, MA 01845 Phone: (978) 683-9559

No comments:

Post a Comment