Thursday, July 25, 2019

Uncommon Grounds Watertown

Uncommon Grounds in Watertown isn't exactly next door, but I had a delightful lunch here on my previous visit. I really like the name.


They have outside seating in the shade. What's more, they have a private parking lot. There is only metered street parking around here.


From the specials menu, I picket Biscuits and Sausage Gravy (10.99). It comes with home fries and two eggs. The red bliss home fries were excellent. Browned all around and seasoned. Look at my over-easy eggs. They have been browned as a proper fried egg should be. None of that steamed stuff here. The biscuits and gravy looked really good, but it turned out to be two gigantic biscuits with just a thin layer of gravy on top. The biscuits were very light and fluffy. The gravy was very tasty, but the sausages had been minced very fine and didn't add much flavor. The gravy was also appropriately peppery.


When I mentioned the lack of gravy to the waitress, she promptly brought me extra gravy. Now I was happy. The service was good.

Address 575 Mount Auburn St, Watertown, MA 02472 Phone number (617) 924-9625

No comments:

Post a Comment