Sunday, September 1, 2019

The Stones Stoneham

The Stones Common House and Kitchen in Stoneham opened in April of '18 and have now started serving lunch and brunch Thursday-Sunday.



There is free on-street parking and also off-street parking in the nearby communal lots.



The inside is beautiful and elegant.



They have a big bar area with high tops at the windows.



The actual brunch menu was different from the online version. I picked the Pork & Pablano Hash (14). "fried eggs, garlic aioli". I ordered an extra egg (2). It seems that pablano is an accepted spelling of poblano. Much to my surprise, the hash had their hand-cut french fries in it. The fries were soft but cooked really well. This is not their normal FF but Yukon Gold cut the same way. The pork was tasty as was the thinly sliced poblanos. There was also sauteed onions involved. The eggs looked nice and runny, but that was only the top layer, the rest of the yolks was solid. It looks like a small plate. It was not. After eating for half an hour, I had barely made a dent into it. I was delighted with this dish. The service was pleasant.



They have a small patio, and I started at a high top here but quickly moved inside. Not really a day for sitting outside. I didn't see this mentioned on their website, but I would suggest adding it. People love sitting outside. Unless they are a wuss like me.

Address: 380 Main St, Stoneham, MA 02180 Phone: (781) 435-1344

No comments:

Post a Comment